Review - Mix My Granola

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A big thanks to Raoul and his Mix My Granola team for letting me try their granola and for being patient as I get this review up! This past few weeks have been extremely busy with me finishing up school and going on vacation. I am still unpacking a little from moving back home, but at least now I only have one kitchen instead of two. I hated trying to figure out what ingredients and supplies I needed when visiting home for the weekend or a break.




Anyway, Mix My Granola is a terrfic concept because you get to pick what goes in your granola. No more picking out stuff you don't eat! There are some pre-mixes available if you simply can't decide or in a hurry to buy granola. First, you pick your granola base. I chose the organic granola, but you can also pick french vanilla granola, organic muesli, and low-fat granola. Some come with mix-ins already. The organic granola is just granola. Then the fun begins.


Your choices are dried cranberries, dried apples, dried strawberries, dried raspberries, banana chips, dried apricots, dried blueberries, dried mangos, dried melon slices, dried pineapple, dried cherries, dates, dried papaya, dried plums, raisins, goji berries, dried blackberries, almonds, peanuts, cashews, pecans, brazil nuts, pistachios, soy beans, walnuts, sesame seeds, pepitas, amaranth seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, yogurt pretzels, sesame sticks, wasabi bears, gummy bears, jelly beans, rice crispies, oatbran flakes, honey smacks, coco shreds, choco espresso beans, peanut butter bites, candy corn, pomegranate cordials, chocolate raisins, tiramisu caramels, crystalized ginger, peanut MnMs, fruit loops, mini morsels, and cocoa crisp bites. Phew! Please don't tell me they don't have anything you like!



How the mix-ins work: you pick as many as you like as many times as you want. You pay per ounce of each ingredient you want. Shipping is a flat rate of $4.99, no matter how many containers you order. What's nice is you can name your mix for future reference and a personalized gift.



I decided to get dried apricots, dried papaya, sunflower seeds, pomegranate cordials, chocolate raisins, sesame seeds, and wasabi peas. The granola makes an excellent snack for vacation.

I definitely recommend Mix My Granola to all granola lovers. My favorite part is customizing your ingredients. How many sites let you do that?

3 comments:

Steph 9:38 PM  

What a cool idea! How's the job search?

Megan 9:50 PM  

How cool. Personalized like that they would make great gift basket stuffers! But the mix you picked sounds kind of wierd, sorry!!! :)
Hope your enjoying the joys of no school!

Alwayzbakin 5:43 AM  

That sounds really cool! I'll have to check it out.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP