Yummy Fish

>> Sunday, January 18, 2009

Before I share a delicious salmon recipe, what do you think of the new layout? Are the colors too repulsive? I like the pink and blue together, but I'm not sure if my readers will like it. Be honest.

Anyway, I made a nice dinner last week. Then again, any dinner is nice when it involves fresh salmon. It goes on sale about every few weeks, so I wait until then. The simplest way to prepare this is to brush some sort of marinade or glaze on top and broil or bake. Depending on what you use, it could be considered a healthy meal as well. I used a brown sugar and ginger glaze, topped with sesame seeds.

If you use a broiler, make sure the salmon is completely thawed and the broiler is preheated. If not, your fish will take longer than indicated. Also, make sure the middle is done as well because the edges finish a lot sooner. The recipe said to broil 5 minutes, but mine took about 10-15 since it was still semi-frozen. Also, top with sesame seeds during the last few minutes so they become a little toasted.

If you bake it, bake it for about 20 minutes at 350F. The salmon is done when it flakes easily. Make sure the middle is done as well.


Brown Sugar and Ginger Glazed Salmon




1 salmon fillet (about 1/2 lb.)
1/4 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard (I used yellow)
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1/16 tsp ground ginger
Sesame seeds

1. Preheat broiler. Line a cookie sheet with greased foil. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin side up on cookie sheet. Broil for 3 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce, and ginger. After 3 minutes, flip salmon so it's skin side down. Brush with glaze. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Broil for another 2 minutes or until salmon flakes all over.

Makes 1 serving.

Source: Recipe Zaar

12 comments:

Reeni 5:22 PM  

I like your new look! It's not repulsive in any way. Very gentle on the eyes. The salmon looks great! Sweet and spicy at the same time.

Steph 8:11 PM  

I love the new look and the pink and blue do look nice, but I think the shades are a tad too bright or maybe my screen is too bright..haha. I wish I knew how to make my blog look nicer..even a better header would make a big difference!

The salmon looks great! I love eating fish, but seriously, it's never filling. I could probably eat endless amounts of fish and not feel a thing.

Carla 1:10 AM  

I like the new look Carla! Very fun. I figured it was time I forced motivation and got off my lazy butt-we'll see how it goes. It's too cold here, lol!

I love salmon, we are actually having it tomorrow night for dinner(a Dave Lieberman recipe though). yummm! I can't wait.

Anj 5:41 AM  

My first reaction was not so good, but it's growing on me. Either that's the best looking salmon or the new look just sets it off very well. I don't care for salmon but that looks so good! I'm thinking the new look is working.

Stephanie Bourassa 10:20 AM  

I like the new layout. It's bright of course but it's fine. I prefer it to the previous one.

Megan 11:08 AM  

The salmon looks great! I like the new layout. I think it's easier on the eyes verses the old one! Great job on both, the layout and the salmon!!!

Katrina 1:45 PM  

I think the new look is great. I like it!
Just recently have decided I do like salmon (not a big seafood lover) and this looks great!

eatincalgary 3:58 PM  

blue and pink go well together, but i'm not sure about the threads... looks a bit like a site for kids.

but i love the recipe for the salmon!!!

Kendra 5:09 PM  

Your blog looks awesome :) And salmon even better...my favorite fish. YUM! I'm going to have to try this one.

Alwayzbakin 8:04 PM  

I love the new blog! And the salmon looks delicious.

Hallie Fae 11:49 AM  

yum that looks great, I'll have to try this recipe.

Dolores 9:44 PM  

Your new look is not so new anymore, but I just got around to trying your salmon. Yum!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP