Ice Cream Sundaes...Without The Ice Cream

>> Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love sprinkles. Although I don't use them often, I have an obsession on buying sprinkles and cupcake liners, especially after the holidays when they are on sale. I can't tell you how many Christmas liners I ended up buying this year :X I wanted to use my rainbow nonpareils, but instead of making cupcakes, I made sundae cookies. I'm not a good decorator, but I thought I did a nice job making these cute.





I printed this recipe last year from Cookie Madness and stored it in one of my many binders. As I was going through it, I was in the mood for a marshmallowy treat. Plus I had maraschino cherries to use from my cherry chocolate blossoms. The original recipe didn't call for sprinkles, but I thought the addition made them more like a sundae. I cut the recipe in half and got a dozen cookies.


Sundae Cookies




3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 Tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp cherry juice
2 Tbsp maraschino cherries, chopped
6 large marshmallows, cut in half
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp corn syrup
1/8 tsp vanilla
Sprinkles
12 whole maraschino cherries

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, cream sugar, butter, water, 1 1/2 tsp oil, baking powder, and vanilla until well blended. Add cocoa and 1 Tbsp oil; mix well. Add milk and cherry juice. Add dry ingredients. Stir in cherries.

3. Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes. As soon as they come out, press a marshmallow half on top of each cookie. Let cool until sturdy enough to transfer to cooling rack.

4. In microwave, melt butter, Stir in chocolate and corn syrup. Microwave in 10 second intervals until melted and combined. Stir in vanilla. Spoon over each marshmallow, covering it completely. Top with sprinkles and a cherry.

Makes 12 cookies.

Source: Cookie Madness

10 comments:

Reeni 4:01 PM  

I love the idea! They look scrumptious and so pretty. I bought a whole bunch of cupcake liners, too, they are falling out of cabinets everywhere.

Patsyk 4:13 PM  

What fun cookies! I just love the recipes at Cookie Madness. Yum!!!!

Anj 8:35 AM  

What a cute idea! I have a habit of buying cookie cutters after the holidays -- do I make cut-out cookies????......not so much -- LOL.

Steph 4:09 PM  

I have an obsession with buying things on sale! haha. I like buying sprinkes too, but I never use them because I don't want to waste them.

I really like these sundae cookies and you did a great job decorating! I have a hard time with making things pretty, but I think I could do this. The marshmallow reminds me of viva puffs..omg I used to eat those by the row!

And strawberries sould like a great idea for topping a cake. Maybe I could do that for the berry surprise cake for TWD? Honestly, I don't feel like making all that frosting. I feel so guilty for eating frosting sometimes. Actually, I've never eaten all the frosting on top of a cupcake before.

Hilary 6:18 PM  

Those are very cute and very yummy looking!
Hilary

Megan 9:58 PM  

Your right. The sprinkles really dress these cookies up. They look great!

Sara 10:44 PM  

You did an excellent job at making them cute! They sound delicious.

Olivia 12:13 AM  

Yum! A hidden marshmallow in a chocolatey fudge cookie. These look really good.

Chef Basket 2:02 PM  

Thanks for this great sundae cookies recipe. Who needs the ice cream, right?

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP