Weekend Cookbook Challenge Garlic Round-Up

>> Monday, October 06, 2008

Ok seriously, as I write this entry, my cat Murray is biting my butt. I guess the snap on my back pocket is very shiny. So please bear with me as I post the round-up because this isn't very comfortable haha


Acting like he did nothing by taking a bath

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Weekend Cookbook Challenge this month! I'm sure everyone's kitchen kept the vampires away. Let's see what's on the menu.


Cynthia from Diary of a Glad Housewife recommends making your kid do the mashing while making Garlic Chived Mashed Potatoes.


The creator of WCC, Sara from I Like To Cook, made garlic dressing in a handy little tool she found at the grocery store.


Judy from Judy's Gross Eats lives near Gilroy, CA, the garlic capital of the world, so she just had to enter her Creamy Garlic Soup.


This one cracks me up. Megan from Megan's Cookin stunk up the house so much with her garlic jelly that her and her husband couldn't sleep the first night!


Clara from I Heart Food 4 Thought baked delicious buttery garlic knots. I, too, love the smell of garlic on my finger tips.


Michelle from Je Mange la Ville contributed her Shrimp de Jonghe recipe. Smelling like garlic the next day? I'm in!


Ruth from Once Upon A Feast's entry may look like an ordinary steak, but the buttery garlic flavor kicks through with every bite. Check it out!


Lisa from Confessions of an Apron Queen spices up her favorite salad with homemade garlic croutons.


My mentee Lauren from I'll Eat You used pan roasting to highlight her garlic with Pollo All'Aglio.


Reeni from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice recommends making Garlic and Lemon Pasta for Halloween so you can keep the vampires away!


Virginia from Living the Local Life made her lasagna extra special by adding slices of roasted garlic bread.


Mike from Mel's Diner made aioli, even though he couldn't find his intended cookbook.


Lisa from Lady Concierge was the only one to enter Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic because everyone else assumed that would have been the most popular recipe to enter.


Mrs. L from Pages, Pucks, and Pantry combined my favorite ingredient garlic with another favorite ingredient - mushrooms!

Thanks to everyone who participated! Hopefully your social life wasn't impacted too greatly by this wonderful ingredient. You can check out my entry for Steak with Roasted Garlic and Chili Rub. Thanks Sara for creating Weekend Cookbook Challenge! I'll be sure to host again in the future :)

6 comments:

Reeni 3:12 PM  

All the dishes look delicious! And there are no vampires in sight. Thanks for hosting, Carla, great job!

Sara 10:52 PM  

Carla you did an amazing job! Thanks so much for hosting this month.

Megan 9:38 AM  

Looks like some great food to try! Thanks for all your hard work, Carla. I know it takes a lot of time to do these round ups!!!

Alwayzbakin 9:41 AM  

Wow! Everything looks delicious! your steak looks great!

The Cookbook Junkie 9:55 AM  

Great round up. I couldn't participate since my eating too much garlic might upset the baby. I know he doesn't like it when I eat onions.

Adam 11:31 AM  

Great job hosting Carla. And to think you were worried about the garlic posts... they turned out awesome :)

And congrats on yet another win, no matter how crazily it went.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP