My WCC Entry

>> Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ok so I haven't gotten a chance to post about my Weekend Cookbook Challenge entry or the round-up. I'm working on the round-up this weekend, so hopefully that will be up tomorrow or Tuesday.

I was having the toughest time figuring how what I wanted to make. My dad gave me a small piece of steak to take back to school, so I decided to make a garlic spice rub. The recipe isn't perfect because the mashed garlic didn't want to stay on when I flipped the meat. Plus I think it needed more than two cloves, but that's just me. I got the recipe online, but I cut it in half since I clearly didn't have 1 lb. of steak. Maybe next time I will cut the spices in half but keep the garlic at four cloves.


Steak With Roasted Garlic and Chili Rub




Recipe from Recipe Zaar

5 comments:

Steph 4:31 PM  

I love steak! It is so hard to keep the garlic stuck on the steak and not have it stuck on the pan and make a big burnt mess so whenever I make steak, I always have to skip the garlic.

Ruth Daniels 5:12 PM  

It is hard to make a garlic crust if you're frying. Another option is to use your broiler. That way the heat doesn't directly touch the garlic.

Great rub. I can't wait to try it.

Megan 11:43 PM  

That steak looks pretty darn tasty! Looks like a great dinner. :)

Adam 7:57 AM  

I don't think you can really have too much garlic on steak. Just call it vampire steak, and then go out and brave the night :)

Sophie 11:45 AM  

That steak looks heavenly! I like the rub, sounds tasty :)!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP