No Tuesdays With Dorie Today, But Great News!

>> Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sorry, folks. I didn't make creme brulee for today because I don't own a butane torch (I'm sure residence life would love that one!), a lot of TwDers were skeptical about the broiler method, and my ramekins are at home. However, I do have some important news concerning Tuesdays With Dorie. Because there are so many members joining constantly, the last day to join the group (ever?) is October 31. Then no more newbies will be accepted. If you were debating on joining, I would suggest you decide within the next month.

I do have some exciting news though! I entered a Healthy College Cookbook Recipe contest. So long ago that I thought I lost. Well, I received an email today, and three of my recipes were chosen! Sure, I only win $25, but I do get a copy of the book when it is published in March. They chose my peanut butter oatmeal, Thai-inspired beef and pasta, and chicken curry. Looking back on those old posts made me realize how horrible my photography skills were. I'm getting somewhat better with placement and lighting. I'll be sure to blog about the book when it comes out. I really should enter more recipe contests.

10 comments:

Ousizch,  1:36 PM  

Hai friend, Your blog is very nice and you had good content! Never give up, increase your creativity to be a great blog and always get the best idea to make new content of post. I just want support......

Hope u have a great day!

From: Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com

Virginia 2:48 PM  

Very exciting! Love free cookbooks!

ida 3:14 PM  

I remembered you debating what recipe to enter to this contest. XD

Reeni 9:14 PM  

That is so cool, congrats!!

Adam 10:22 PM  

Congrats! That's awesome. With your new famous-ness and a Steeler win, how can life get better?

The Cookbook Junkie 11:14 AM  

Congratulations! $25 AND a cookbook? Woohoo!

Patsyk 8:49 PM  

Congratulations on winning the cookbook contest!

Alwayzbakin 12:47 PM  

Go Carla! That's awesome!

Steph 11:58 AM  

How exciting!!! I agree, it's amazing how quickly our camera skills improve. I never knew how important natural lighting was or the macro setting. I just thought that my camera was bad at taking close ups, but fine with people or landscapes.. haha.. I still struggle with placement, but it does not help when my kitchen is so messy and I have to clear the way just to take a picture of a cookie.

Bungalow Barbara 2:51 PM  

Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP