Bisquick - Every College Student Should Own A Box

>> Sunday, June 17, 2007

Since I'm home for the summer, I'm experimenting with dinners so when I go back to school in the fall, I'm ready to cook tasty and non-pasta dinners. Bisquick makes any dinner easy. I had some leftover from the fall *cough* but it didn't expire until July 2007. I even purchased the healthy heart version. Same price, better for you. Since it wasn't a full box, I didn't have enough Bisquick for 1 1/4 cups, so mine came out a little too thin. Perhaps I should've used a smaller pan to make up for it. This alone doesn't feed four people, so expect to serve something else with this. I could've eaten the entire thing myself (perfect for college).

For those who aren't familiar with Bisquick, it's premade baking mix. Here's a recipe to make homemade Bisquick, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.


Bacon Tomato Pie




1 1/4 cups Bisquick
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. dried basil
1 cup onion, diced
3 tbsp. bacon bits
1 tomato, cut into 6 slices
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Heat oven to 400F. Grease 9x9x2 pan. Stir Bisquick, Parmesan, and water until moistened. Spread onto bottom of pan. Bake for 12 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, mix basil, onion, and bacon in a bowl. Sprinkle over partially baked dough. Place tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese has melted. Let cool. Cut into 6 slices; serve warm.

My thoughts: I tried adding garlic salt to the dough, but the bacon covered up the taste. I only added 1/2 tsp, so maybe you could try 1 tsp or even 1 tbsp. I thought 1/4 cup Parmesan looked like too much, so I cut it in half. I suggest using all 1/4 cup.

Source: Betty Crocker's Bisquick Easy Suppers October 2001, p. 19

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP