It Never Lasts 24 Hours

>> Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You know you succeeded when something you bake doesn't last 24 hours. Every time I make bread, it is gone by the next evening. This is no exception. I had 1/4 bag of chocolate chips leftover from January *cough* and they were still good, so I baked chocolate chip bread. I also had one almost-rotten banana, so I threw that into the batter. I would recommend using 2 bananas because I didn't taste enough banana. My parents kept commenting on how I should've added nuts.


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread




2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 bananas, mashed

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Combine egg, milk, and oil in separate bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and mashed bananas. Spoon into pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Source: Diana's Desserts

1 comments:

Emer 5:51 PM  

Ooo sweet bread, now there's an idea. I've only ever made SEEDY bread. And it's healthy because of the banana ;)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP