Why Can't Everyone Enjoy Seafood?

>> Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's very hard to make seafood dinners when one member of the family hates it. Not only do I have to make the seafood dinner, I also have to make something else to accommodate my mom's hate for seafood. Usually she's content with a grilled cheese sandwich, but since there was veal in the freezer, Friday night I made 2 dinners and dessert. It was easy to do because both involved spaghetti and I could bake the meat while cooking the shrimp, but there's a lot of preparation for one person to do. Fortunately, dessert only took 5 minutes to prepare.


Lemon Garlic Shrimp




1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked (tails optional)
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice (or juice from 2 lemons)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup olive oil
Enough spaghetti for 4 people (1/2 - 1 lb.)

1. Prepare shrimp as necessary. If frozen, run under hot water. Make sure all shrimp are deveined (if using prepared bag, some shrimp are overlooked in the deveining process). Tails are ok to leave on (although I would recommend tailess). If not already cooked, cook the shrimp.

2. Boil pasta in water. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, garlic, basil, and oil in a bowl. Pour into skillet. Heat shrimp in lemon mixture until hot. Add more lemon juice if needed.

3. Drain pasta. Add pasta, shrimp and lemon mixture to bowl; toss together.

My thoughts: We didn't have enough spaghetti, so there wasn't enough food for 3 of us. I served it with green beans.

Source: Inspired by Razzle Dazzle Recipes


Veal Scallopini




I never had veal before, so I tried a piece when I cooked it. I think I'll stick with beef. My mom enjoyed it, so that's good enough for me. Since I didn't change the recipe (except changing it to 1 serving), you can view it here.


Pudding Parfaits




1 (4 serving) box of banana pudding
2 cups cold milk
Sliced strawberries
Chocolate syrup
Whipped topping

Prepare pudding as directed on package. Fill the bottoms of 6 wine glasses with pudding. Add enough chocolate syrup to cover the pudding. Top with strawberries. Repeat the layers. Top with whipped topping.

There are many variations to this recipe. You can have banana pudding + banana slices + chocolate syrup; coconut cream pudding + shredded coconut + chocolate syrup; vanilla pudding + chocolate chips + chocolate syrup; chocolate pudding + banana slices + strawberry syrup. Experiment with different flavors. Perfect for hot summer days.

Source: Me (inspired by picture in "New Joys of Jell-o" April 1991, p.15)

1 comments:

Rebecca Bourke 7:47 PM  

Mmmmm, pudding :) Looks amazing. I'm not a huge seafood fan being a vegetarian and all, but I bet it was delicious :)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP