>> Monday, October 17, 2011
Halloween is a great time to dress up your favorite desserts. I love
cupcakes, so it was only fitting to decorate those for the holiday. Did you
know that McCormick makes black food coloring? Perfect to create black
cats, spiders, and Black Velvet Cupcakes.
This Halloween, McCormick wants to make your holiday baking full of color,
flavor, and fun with their Tricks for your Treats kit. They provide food
coloring, candy, and ideas. You provide the creativity and fun.
McCormick supplied me with one of their baking kits, asking if I could
review their products. Of course! I am always a fan of McCormick.
The kit includes:
- Food coloring, both assorted and black
- Vanilla extract
- Wilton cupcake liners
- Orange oven mitt
- Silicone baking sheet
- Mini spatula
- Candy corn, Tootsie Rolls, and Dots (for decoration)
- And a list of Halloween ideas
I had the toughest time trying to decide what to make. The cat cookies? The
eyeball cupcakes? The vampire cupcakes? Finally I decided on Candy Corn Cupcakes, which I posted about earlier in the week. I used the assorted food coloring and candy corn to make them festive.
I also really wanted to use the black food coloring. I mean, how often do
you get the chance to use it? I was debating on the black cat cookies, but
while I was surfing online, I found a recipe for a black velvet trifle. I
was originally going to make that, but because I had leftover icing from
the other cupcakes, I decided to do Black Velvet Cupcakes.
McCormick wants to help you celebrate Halloween by sending one lucky reader
her (or his) own Tricks for your Treats kit! To enter, leave one comment on this blog post answering this question: What is your favorite part about Halloween?
There are also some extra entries you can earn. Leave one comment for each
item completed. You must answer the Halloween question before any of these extra comments will count:
1. Follow me on Twitter @chocolatemoosey and retweet the giveaway. Come back here and tell me you did so.
2. Like me on my Facebook fan page. Write on my wall – say hi, tell me your favorite recipe, show me what you baked, anything nice you can think of. Come back here and tell me you did so.
3. Like McCormick on their Facebook fan page. Tell them Chocolate Moosey sent you. Then come back here and tell me you did so.
4. Blog about my giveaway. Come back here and tell me you did so, providing the link as well.
5. Share either my Candy Corn Cupcake recipe or Black Velvet Cupcake recipe (or both, but only one will count) on either Facebook or Twitter (or both, but again only one will count). Tag Chocolate Moosey in it. Then come back here and tell me you did so.
The deadline is Saturday, October 22 at midnight EST. Only open to US