Halloween Truffles

>> Thursday, October 20, 2011

I love holiday baking. Every time a store has its holiday section up, I go
and scout the baking supplies. I don’t know why. I have such a huge
collection of sprinkles and cupcake liners that I don’t need any more.




Last month I experienced a lot of change, and not in a good way. My friend
knew I was having a tough time, so she decided to surprise me with a few
baking presents from Amazon. I really wish she lived nearby so we could
bake together and have coffee dates



These Halloween truffles are dedicated to her because she gave me Halloween
sprinkles and liners. If they wouldn’t melt, I’d mail her some. Does anyone
have experience in mailing goodies?



They were simple (and messy) to make. You melt the three ingredients
together then chill until scoopable. Then you scoop into small balls and
roll them in sprinkles. For uniformity, I used a cookie scoop; however, you
can use a regular spoon.



Have a Halloween party soon? These truffles are perfect because you can
make a ton in such a short time. Even the kids can help (assuming you don’t
mind chocolate handprints in the kitchen ;) )

Halloween Truffles


6 ounces semi or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Sprinkles to roll in
Mini cupcake liners

Put chocolate and butter in a bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until it just comes to a boil. Pour over chocolate mixture; let stand 2 minutes. Stir with wire whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until firm enough to shape (an hour or so)

With a scoop or spoon, shape one level tablespoon of chocolate into a ball. Roll in sprinkles then place in a mini liner. Repeat. If the mixture gets too soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes then try again.

Place truffles in an air-tight container and refrigerate until firm. Store refrigerated.

Makes roughly 15 truffles.
Source: Land O Lakes

2 comments:

TheChocolatePriestess 3:07 PM  

They look awesome!

Side question: If next year we opened up our Halloween Treat Challenge to amateurs, do you think food bloggers would enter that? I could see any number of your creations competing.

bakingjenn.com 8:16 PM  

So easy and so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP