Welcome, 2011!

>> Saturday, January 01, 2011

The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. -G. K. Chesterton

Happy New Year to all my fellow foodies and visitors! 2010 has been a huge turning point in my life - new job, new town, new challenges. I also lost a dear friend from childhood. Leigh Heather Weightman had just reached her 5 years of surviving leukemia, yet a tragic car crash took her life. She has touched so many lives with her strength, there is even a star named after her. 2011 will be hard without her, but we all know she is shining down on us (literally, part of the Big Dipper I believe).

New Year's resolutions...what's the point? We should be making goals for ourselves all year-round. However, sometimes we get so caught up in life, we forget to take a few steps back and look at the big picture. One thing I'm ashamed of is neglecting my blog. Food means everything to me, and at one point I had a good thing going. Visitors, comments, contests, promotions. Then life got in the way, and it all fell down.

My resolution is simple - build Chocolate Moosey back up. Get back into blogging. Even if I have a stupid stupid stupid Internet bandwidth limit (250 mb per day - bleh!!) And no, I can't switch companies because my apartment is not near other houses and it would "be too much" for them to extend the cable. One company does offer satelite internet, which apparently has a limit.

With food comes exercise. I'm hoping to get back into Zumba, even if it means driving 40 minutes over the mountain in the snow. Sigh. The drawbacks of living with cows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP