Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes

>> Sunday, January 02, 2011

Gingerbread. It's one of those flavors that screams Christmas. And when you know Christmas is just around the corner, you can almost taste it. Last post I made cookies. This post I have cupcakes.




Gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese icing - definitely a match made in heaven. I had no trouble making these cupcakes. It's pretty much beat everything in a bowl, scoop, and bake for 20-some minutes. Perfect to eat during the snow fall.

Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes



1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake liners with paper. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice and salt.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of flour and two of buttermilk, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Scoop into pan. Bake 22-27 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.


Cream Cheese Frosting



4 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
Pinch of salt
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar

1. Beat together cream cheese, butter, and salt. Beat in sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy.

4 comments:

Lisa@ButteryBooks 12:58 PM  

I love chocolate and gingerbread together. Thanks for the recipe!

Michelle 1:09 AM  

sounds awesome! I want to make now!

A little bit of everything 5:02 PM  

love your cupcake passion and love the sound of this recipe.
chocolate and gingerbread is such a delicious combo.
thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Best wishes,
Roxana

wiltonwinrow 4:39 AM  

Your cupcakes are so mouth-watering! I feel so hungry again. Who doesn't like the taste of chocolate? For sure, anyone loves it! I think, I'll gonna die if someone punishes me to avoid eating chocolates. I went to Miami. Veneers were finally installed to my teeth. Well, my dentist didn't stop me to eat chocolates but he just reminded me such instructions for maintaining good oral health. I'm so excited to make cupcakes next week. I'll follow your recipe.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP