Project Food Blog - Ready, Set, Blog!

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

In case you haven't heard yet, Food Buzz is hosting the first annual Project Food Blog Challenge! Featured FB publishers are competing in multiple challenges to be the top blogger in the Food Buzz realm. There are about 2,000 participating bloggers, and only 400 will make it to round two.




How am I different than the average blogger? I don't have a family. I don't have a boyfriend, fiancee, husband. I don't have kids, nieces, nephews. Right now, I live alone. New job, new town, just me. Not even ol' Murray made it.



What I'm trying to say is I'm an independent cook. Sometimes, it's a struggle to make dinner because I get home from work and want to lay down forever. Most people would opt for boxed mac and cheese, ramen noodles, pretty much anything convenient. Not me. I want freshness. I want flavor. Most of the time, it's cheaper to make than to buy. Healthier to make homemade cheese sauce than using the who-knows-what orange powder. It's not like you go out of your way, either. Cheese sauce - melt cheese, milk, butter, flour. Done. Fajita seasoning? Mix together a bunch of spices and put in a jar. Done.

So if most of my readers have families, how do my recipes pertain to them? For starters, you can easily double the recipes I use, mainly because I cut them in half in the first place. The exception would be with baked goods, unless I made mini versions of something. Also, I have a tight income. I may only be feeding myself, but that doesn't mean I can spend my money freely. In the end, making homemade saves money for everyone.



Why should I be the next food blog star? I have a lot of passion for food. When I met everyone at my new job, they asked, what are your hobbies? I answered I love to be in the kitchen. My dream job would be a video editor on a Food Network production. If not FN, then at least for a food-related show or company. I spend money on ingredients and supplies rather than movies and shoes. Food is my life. It helps me with my loneliness, both when I studied abroad and now with my new life. Just this past weekend, I found a new favorite food store because they had ingredients I have never seen in person, including dragees.

3 comments:

Beth 9:23 PM  

Good luck in the Food Blog Challenge! Sounds like you've taken a big step in your personal life. I envy you that four months in Ireland!

Reeni 7:44 PM  

AWW Murray must miss you! I voted for you - good luck!

Anonymous,  1:36 PM  

good luck!!!! i voted for you! :)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP