Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now that I live alone, I don't bake as often. Sure, I could take stuff into work (and I have), but it seems like everyone is on Weight Watchers. Plus I don't always have the energy. How do all you parents do it? I barely have energy to cook and clean for myself, let alone a family. I guess you get used to it? I hope so, or I'll never be able to take care of one.




My family does come up to visit, so when they do, I want to have a special treat for them. That way I can bake and get rid of the extra calories. Several months ago, I found a used copy of The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook. I've had this on my Amazon Wish List ever since I saw these on Bake or Break. It's more than just chocolate chip cookies. It has cookies, muffins, pies, tarts, puddings, cakes, ice cream desserts, pretty much anything with chocolate chips, including the Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake I made back in June.



Anyway, after drooling at the pictures, I decided to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars. What a mouthful! And a good one too. The cookie dough layer on top ending up being almost a whole layer rather than chunks here and there, so the cheesecake layer isn't as dominant. I opted to leave off the chocolate drizzle. I enjoy them cold, preferably from the freezer. Of course my family forgot to take the extras home, so that's why they ended up in my freezer in the first place.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars



Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 Tbsp butter, melted
2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Dough
5 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Filling
10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Crust: Preheat oven to 325F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir crumbs and butter together until crumbs are evenly moistened. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Press crumb mixture over bottom and 1 inch up the sides of pan. Bake for 6 minutes. Cool pan and leave the oven on.

2. Dough: In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla until smoothly blended, 1 minute. Add flour, mixing just to incorporate it. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.

3. Filling: In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar just until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla, beating just to blend them in. Pour cheesecake batter into the crust. Drop teaspoonfuls of cookie dough over top of the batter. Bake until top feels dry and firm and looks set if given a gentle shake, about 30 minutes.

4. Optional drizzle: Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips until melted and smooth, either in a microwave or heatproof bowl over boiling water. Use a teaspoon to gently drizzle thin lines of melted chocolate over the top of the bars. Cool about 1 hour. Cut bars into 16 pieces. The bars can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Makes 16 bars.

Source: The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook, page 47-48

7 comments:

Michelle 10:04 PM  

wow! Those look super delicious! I will have to try these and soon!

megan 9:03 AM  

Ohhh, Carla, YUM! These look wonderfully decedent. I guess now that you live alone, you need a boyfriend to bake for. LOL

Oh yea, never mind, thats just another person to take care of. Your better off with a freezer! ;)

Hope all is going well for you. Is your cat now living with you?

Sherry G 10:16 AM  

I have been seeing this recipe pop up everywhere! Maybe it means I'm meant to make it! Looks fabulous=)

Patsyk 1:12 PM  

Wow! Those bars look fabulous, I can't imagine there would be any left if they were in my house!

Katrina 9:19 PM  

I've had that book SINCE I saw those bars on Bake or Break a few years ago. I went and got the book. That and if you still have the book the chocolate chip cookies (chock full) are heavenly!
I've still never made the bars either, but every time I see them, dang, I want some. ;)

Mattressman 12:46 AM  

These look so good. I can't wait to make them for my kids.

Nutramigen baby Formula

restaurant 11:53 PM  

That is absolutely delicious! When do you usually post new Recipe? Love your site.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP