Tuesdays With Dorie - Swedish Visiting Cake

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010



Yes, I know today is Wednesday. I baked this cake last night and was too tired to post. I'm still at Target, but I switched work centers to in-stocks, so now I have a steady schedule - 5 days a week, rotating weekends, start at 6-6:30 am and leave at 1:30-2 pm. Still not full time (roughly 35 hrs, might as well be FT). Why is it that I can move on up in a company that hires almost anyone, yet can't find a job even slightly related to my degree? Sigh. There are days I wake up and see myself still at Target 10 years from now because getting a job I enjoy is "too good to be true."

ANYWAY

Dorie's Swedish Visiting Cake is very moist. I kept forgetting to buy almonds, so I went with coconut. I was a little unsure about the baking time bc Dorie did say it would be "slightly damp," so I baked it an extra 5 minutes bc I didn't want to underbake it. Unfortunately, I let it cool in the pan, and it stuck when removing it, so that's why I have a chunk of cake for my picture.




Since hardly anybody knows what a Swedish Visiting Cake is, I just called it a lemon coconut cake (or lemon almond if you use those). Thanks to Nancy of The Dogs Eat The Crumbs for choosing this yummy, moist cake! You can find the recipe on page 197 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Nancy's blog.

9 comments:

Nichi 3:32 PM  

yum this looks good even tho it got stuck in the pan

Susan 5:22 PM  

I'll bet it was great with the coconut in it. Kind of like a coconut macaroon. :)

Katrina 8:18 PM  

Never would have thought to use coconut. And never would have known the half piece was because the cake was stuck. I'd have just thought you couldn't resist eating it.
Hope you find a job your looking for someday. You will!

mike 3:59 AM  

If you hadn't mentioned it I would never have known - it looks wonderful! Such a great and easy cake - nicely done!

Nancy/n.o.e 5:55 PM  

Ooh, yum, coconut! I'm thinking of making this cake for the Atlanta Food Bloggers bakesale on Saturday, and I was going to call it Butter Almond Cake or maybe Swedish Almond Cake. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Pamela 8:58 PM  

Lemon Coconut cake sounds good to me! Hang in there in the job search. It's bound to happen for you! :o)

Debbie Bello 12:27 AM  

This cake looks so good I probably would have a hard time not eating it all by my self :). Thank you so much for the post. I love, love, love the name of your site.

Bizzy B. Bakes 5:52 PM  

I like the changes you made. Bet it was delicious.

Toaster Girl 5:13 AM  

Cake looks delicious - I personally find cakes more attractive when they don't look perfect. If they have a real home baked look they appeal to me more than if they look 'shop perfect' for want of a better phrase.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP