Tuesdays With Dorie - Thumbprints For Us Big Guys

>> Tuesday, March 09, 2010



This week's recipe was Dorie's Thumbprints For Us Big Guys. When I first heard this name, I thought she meant there was alcohol or even coffee in them, but I think she just meant they are more delicate with their lovely, sandy texture and jam filling than your typical sugar thumbprints with icing and cute sprinkles.




edit - The filling on these cookies is apricot. I used those jars of Baker's fruit fillings you usually see around the holidays.

These cookies lasted maybe a few hours in the house bc I cut the recipe in half. Make sure you use butter to get the melt-in-your-mouth sandy texture. Thanks to Mike of Ugly Food Dude for hosting this week! I'm sure I'll be making these cookies over and over again. You can find the recipe on page 164 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Mike's blog.

10 comments:

Tia 11:46 AM  

your filling looks lovely!

Flourchild 4:35 PM  

Yum..is that filling lemon curd! Woah they look so good! Nice idea to cut them in half. I had to give most of them away before I ate the entire batch myself!

Mary 6:08 PM  

Is that marmalade? It looks great!

Bizzy B. Bakes 7:02 PM  

You have to share what the filling is. It looks so good.

Jules Someone 11:41 PM  

These were lovely little bites. They were a snap to put together.

Nicola 9:06 AM  

Your cookies look gorgeous. They were definitely very easy to make, a keeper of a recipe! :-)

Katrina 12:24 PM  

Great cookies. Love the springy look to yours!

Carla 12:32 PM  

Thanks for the lovely comments! The filling I used is that Baker's fruit filling, the kind that comes in a jar around the holidays and is ready-to-use. It's apricot.

Kimberly Johnson 5:12 PM  

Your cookies look delicious!

Ashley aka Eclectic Connoisseur 5:14 PM  

I bet the apricot filling was delicious!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP