Smores Cheesecake

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

After making and giving away the birthday cheesecake, I was craving cheesecake of my own. While I was searching for cheesecake recipes, I came across several that looked amazing, including a smores cheesecake. Toasted marshmallows?? SOLD!




This cheesecake is different because it uses sweetened condensed milk instead of sour cream or heavy cream. I think next time I'll stick to a mixture of heavy and sour cream because I wasn't a fan of the SCM base. The recipe didn't call for a waterbath, which I guess doesn't matter because you cover the top with marshmallows. It did rise and shrink though. And I really should test my oven because it took a lot longer to bake than the recipe says.

Smores Cheesecake


2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
16 oz cream cheese
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 Tbsp shortening or butter

1. Preheat oven to 325F. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-inch springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.

2. Beat cream cheese, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, beat just until combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows. Pour into pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and toasted.

3. While cooling, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening. Drizzle over cheesecake. Cool for an hour. Refrigerate overnight.

Source: Taste of Home's Prize-Winning Recipes, 2006 p. 76

6 comments:

Reeni 5:12 PM  

OMG that looks scrumptious Carla!

Susan 10:46 PM  

I want to come live with you. :) I love cheesecakes and the last two you made sound divine!!

Tamz 1:25 AM  

*is leaving a puddle of drool near my computer*

That looks sooo good. I love how it's looks so big and inviting. I'd faceplant into those marshmallows in an instant.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anna 4:20 PM  

Hi from snowy Texas!

I'm sort of angry with condensed milk at the moment. I was pulling a can of it off the shelf of my pantry and somehow managed to drop it while at the same time, flipping the can up in the air and toward me at which point it hit my index finger and smashed it against the corner of the pantry door. It feels like a slammed my finger in a car door and my nail is turning purple. Who knew a can of condensed milk could be so dangerous?

Sherry G 5:36 PM  

Woah that looks so good! Presentation-wise you've done an amazing job. I bet it tastes phenomenal!

Julie 9:30 PM  

I think I need to abandon the diet I was about to start in the morning!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP