Tuesdays With Dorie - Espresso Cheesecake Brownies

>> Tuesday, September 01, 2009



I know my readers are prob wondering what has happened me to the past week or so. Well, I got a job. Now before you go congratulating me and whatnot, it's not what you think. It's just a part-time job at Target. Yes, I spent the past four years in college, and I'm at Target. People tell me to suck it up and be grateful because it is a form of income. Sorry but working at Target doesn't help my self-esteem when I know I can do better. I just hope I can get life straightened out before it gets worse bc frankly, I'm not happy with how things are going.

ANYWAY

On a slightly happier note, I made Dorie's Espesso Cheesecake Brownies aka crownies. Apparently Verizon doesn't recognize the word brownie when texting, but it does put crownie. I didn't even know that was a word or part of a word. Verizon also doesn't recognize salsa, jalapeno, fajita, or cupcake.


I really like my swirling. So pretty! I was skeptical on adding the sour cream layer, but some people said it added good contrast, so I did. Nope, not a fan. I ended up scraping off the sour cream when I ate a piece. The rest of the brownie is good, so next time I'll leave off the top layer. Also, I didn't have instant espreso powder. I was going to use instant coffee, but at the last minute thought, hey why don't I just make espresso? I'd be dissolving it in water anyway. If I would've thought about it earlier, I would've saved some when making my coffee.


Thanks to Melissa of Life In a Peanut Shell for picking these brownies! So good! You can find the recipe on her blog or pages 104-105 of Baking: From My Home To Yours.

12 comments:

Flourchild 10:46 AM  

Ahhh Target is better then Mc Donalds if that helps! Im glad you were able to bake with us this week! I love your brownies!

Stephanie Bourassa 11:47 AM  

Well I'm still glad you have a job. It sooths things up for a bit, while you're looking for the job you want.

I have a food question for you. What is Stroganoff for you? Beef or chicken? Cause I had always thought that it was beef stroganoff, and nothing else. But apparently, the brasilians always do chicken stroganoff. It's good actually. But I'm still intrigued ;)

Katrina 12:09 PM  

Sorry about your life situations! Sigh. I hope you find what you're looking for soon!
I left the sour cream top off my brownies, too. Your swirl does look great!

sarahe 10:17 PM  

most of my friends are waitress-ing or working at grocery stores after graduating college. it is hard. remember, this too shall pass!

the brownies look great though!

Megan 10:37 PM  

They say it's always easier to get a job when you have a job. Be patient! Good things will come!
Love the swirl and the brownies look delicious. :)

Adam 8:58 AM  

Yeah there are def two camps of people... sour cream cheesecake people and non-sour cream. It's too bad with your awesome swirling skills you didn't like it... but oh well :)

Good luck on the job search, and I know people will say "at least you have something", and you'll roll your eyes a little... but it's ok. It'll all work out!

TeaLady 11:23 PM  

Ah, Tar-ghay. Great store, but know how you feel. I graduated with my masters and worked at JCPenny for a year. UGH!!! It will get better.

Your crownies look great. I did the same thing and scraped the topping off after one bite.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog 8:38 PM  

Impossible to resist these brownies looks gorgeous.
Congrats and good luck for your new job!!

Cheers,

Gera

Alwayzbakin 11:36 AM  

Your brownies look great! I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy to work at Target. I understand. But....in the meantime, while you're waiting for the job of your dreams (which will come), enjoy it. Target is my favorite store!!!!! xxoo

AmyRuth 2:06 PM  

yum really? so jealous mine would not swirl...a case of stiff batter. boohoo but they were good.
AmyRuth

comfycook 6:32 PM  

I have to try these. They are the best I have seen. (meaning in different kind of brownies)

Tia 1:09 AM  

you're one of the few who did the sour cream topping... did you like it? they look ooey, gooey goodness!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP