Warning - I Gots Me Some Brownies

>> Saturday, July 04, 2009

...ok I lied. I don't have these brownies anymore because I made them last week to take over a friend's house. A group of us have been hanging out more and more lately, so I decided I wanted to bring some treats over so I'm not showing up at my friend's house empty-handed. I asked for requests, and one was caramel brownies. I don't have any caramel and saw I had two open jars of peanut butter, so I decided I was doing PB instead.




I decided to make Nestle Tollhouse's brownies from their cookbook. I already made these brownies before but without the PB swirled in. As you can imagine, these brownies didn't last very long, mainly because I ate most of them but shhhh. The measurements are slightly weird because I cut the recipe in half for an 8x8 pan.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

1/2 cup + 1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 Tbsp water
2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate OR 6 Tbsp cocoa + 2 Tbsp oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8x8 pan or line with foil.

2. In a saucepan, melt sugar, butter, and water. Add chocolate and stir until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt. Do nout pour into pan just yet.

3. In a microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and milk for 45 seconds or until smooth. Pour brownie batter into pan. Spoon PB mixture on top; swirl in with a knife.

4. Bake 20-25 minutes. Toothpick should have a few crumbs on it. Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars.

Makes 1 dozen.

Source: Nestle Tollhouse Best-Loved Cookies 1995, p. 83



Just make sure you share. Too many brownies could result in breakage.

5 comments:

Steph 4:55 PM  

The PB swirled in sounds really yummy! I've never made a true brownie..can you believe it? Just the low fat kinds. I'm starting to feel like your cat with all the desserts I've been eating!

Sheep,  8:59 PM  

& those brownies were OH SO YUMMY too!!!!! Along w/ the cupcakes. 8-) Just gotta beware of the Mur-Ray! :-P <3

Reeni 10:19 PM  

These sound delicious with PB in them! Your kitty - so cute!

Katrina 12:29 AM  

Ha, I love the picture of the cat!
And the brownies look great. I've already made our TWD Hepburn brownies twice this week, but I'm thinking of making them again with a pb twist. I'm lovin' (too much ;) the Hepburn brownies! Yours look yummy here!

Adam 10:49 AM  

Well, sometimes you have to taste what you made.... and again.... and again :)

Sometimes I'm always at a loss for what to bring to a friends house. I'm thinking chocolate pretty much always wins, dontcha think?

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP