Dorie's Soft Chocolate and Berry Tart

>> Monday, June 08, 2009

Did anybody else watch The Next Food Network Star premiere last night? I'm excited for a new season! I don't have a favorite yet, but I think Brett looks a lot like Adam from last season. While watching the promos, I did favor Michael, but I'm not too sure after hearing him talk. It does give him lots of character, but I'm not sure if I could watch a whole show with him. Melissa looks like she is going to explode with energy.

Also, I saw promos for Dinner: Impossible with Robert hosting again. I must admit, I enjoy Robert as the host much better than Michael Symon, although I'm really surprised they are letting him come back after he supposedly lied about his credentials.




Enough about tv. Time for dessert! I recently received a tart pan for my birthday a few weeks ago. I was originally going to do Dorie's Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart on page 355, but I also saw the Soft Chocolate and Raspberry Tart on adjacent page. Since I had a container of blackberries to eat, I decided to make the berry tart. Now, the recipe calls for a 9-inch tart pan. Mine is 11 inches. The crust recipe provided does make enough to cover my pan, but the berries definitely did not. I'll have to make sure to buy two containers next time. I would've had enough if mold didn't exist. Grr.



I don't want to post the recipe because although this isn't a Tuesdays With Dorie pick, I still want to support Dorie and her publishing company. Besides, you really should buy this book. For those of you who do own this book, you can find the tart recipe on page 354 of Baking: From My Home To Yours.

7 comments:

Maria 4:58 PM  

I missed the show. It is on too late for me. I know I go to bed early:) I am hoping they will replay some episodes at a good time for me:) The dessert looks yummy!

Katrina 9:04 PM  

I did watch NFNS. I kinda like Jeff, the guy who "won" last night. But I'm still pretty undecided.
The tart looks awesome. I would not have thought of chocolate and berries together like that. I looks yummy.

Anj 9:59 PM  

Jeff was my favorite last night as well. I think it's going to be a good season. I can't wait for Top Chef Masters either. Beautiful tart!

Steph 11:03 PM  

I think I'm going to watch the show this season, I missed the entire first one. The tart looks good even though it's not loaded with as many berries as you would like. I need a tart pan so badly, but they are so hard to find! I want the ones with the removable bottoms.

Megan 1:24 PM  

I loved the show but no favorites yet!!! Give me a week or two. Your tart looks lovely. I just had a ton of raspberrys but I made a Chocolate Raspberry Sauce. Did you enter my contest yet??? Dont want you to miss out on a chance.

Xocai 4:16 AM  

ymm...I just love to eat chocolates...they are so delicious

Tia 2:30 AM  

now this post has given me inspiration for this week's twd!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP