Pomegranate Moosey

>> Sunday, April 26, 2009

Almost two months ago, I received a case of pomegranate juice from POM Wonderful. I did a review of the juice itself but didn't get a chance to bake with it. Easter weekend I decided to make Pomegranate and White Chocolate Mousse, found on Fotocuisine's blog. As I said in my review, you either love or hate pomegranate juice, no in-betweens. However, the sweetness of the white chocolate mousse makes the pomegranate layer more...bearable? for non-pomegranate people. For example, my brother thought the juice itself tasted like cough syrup. When I offered him the mousse, he ate it no complaints. I think he doesn't like the juice itself because there is no added sugar or preservatives.





I tried taking pictures, but I was in a hurry and the lighting wasn't too great in my kitchen. Fotocuisine has much better pictures plus step-by-step instructions complemented with pictures. You could probably sub any type of chocolate for white. I love dark chocolate, so I might try that next time.

One problem I had with the recipe is the chilling of the gelatin. Once the pomegranate gelatin mix is heated, you have to let it chill in an ice bath. However, if it chills too long, you will have pomegranate jello. You want to take the gelatin off the ice when it thickens into a syrup. I kept checking it every few minutes, but it didn't thicken. As soon as I got distracted, it thickened too much. I tried my best to whisk the hell out of it, but my mousse was left with little jello chunks. It didn't affect the flavor, just wasn't as smooth as intended.

6 comments:

Maria 7:44 PM  

What an elegant dessert!

Reeni 5:25 PM  

These look real yummy, Carla! I like the flavor combination!

betty geek 12:08 PM  

What a cute blog! Love the layout and you are spunky! Me likey! :)

This looks fancy, I will bookmark for for future dinner parties!

Megan 10:50 PM  

A very pretty dessert indeed.

Shelly Borrell 1:23 PM  

I too copied this recipe from Fotocuisine, since it looked and sounded so good. Mine turned out okay, not as pretty as yours, but it tasted good. I learned a lot making it :) Thanks!

Shelly,
Nibbles of Tidbits

Emily 11:05 AM  

Even though it wasn't as smooth as you hoped, it still looks and sounds absolutely divine! -e

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP