Tuesdays With Dorie - Coconut Butter Thins

>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009



This week's pick was Coconut Butter Thins. Dorie calls them thins because these cookies spreeaaaddddd! I was disappointed after removing them from the oven because when they went in, they were plump little rectangles.

I modified the recipe a bit with ingredients on hand. I had a lemon to use, so instead of lime zest went the lemon. I think I put too much in because the lemon is very strong. Whoops. I also used walnuts instead of macadamia nuts because they were $4 a bag at Wal Mart. I would definitely make these again because I love how shortbread-based cookies melt in your mouth. Maybe I will make it with the specified ingredients haha




Thanks Jayne of The Barefoot Kitchen Witch for picking these delightful tropic treats! You can find the recipe on page 145 of Baking: From My Home to Yours or on Jayne's blog.

11 comments:

Steph 8:41 AM  

At least they didn't burn! Mine probalby would've if I made these. Those silicon mats must come in handy now.

Jamie 2:06 PM  

The look so delicate, well done!

snicketmom 2:07 PM  

These seem very adaptable. Good job!

Teanna 3:01 PM  

I love your changes! The cookies look delicious!

Reeni 4:37 PM  

I bet their still delicious!! I love the way they melt in your mouth, too!

Katrina 10:14 PM  

Great lookin' cookies! Walnuts would be great.

Megan 11:00 PM  

a citrus shortbread? YUM!!!

Amanda 10:28 AM  

Well they look gorgeous! I liked these cookies more than I thought I would. I keep nibbling at them LOL

Stacey 4:00 PM  

I am glad that I am not the only one who made adaptation. glad yours turned out. Yummy!

Nancy/n.o.e 10:05 PM  

They were melt in your mouth good, weren't they? I like the sound of lemon and walnuts. Yum.
Nancy

Beth 11:33 AM  

Very pretty! I like the walnut bumps :-)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP