A New Pasta Sauce

>> Friday, January 23, 2009

Before I share my recipe, I finished the Facebook fan page of Chocolate Moosey. Here is the link. If that doesn't work, search for Chocolate Moosey.

Sometimes, you just don't know what to do with extra butternut squash. I already made soup. I made wontons with it. I almost made rolls, but I didn't. I was thinking that there are recipes for roasted red pepper sauce. I wonder if there were any roasted butternut squash sauce? Yup, I found a match on Recipe Zaar.

The recipe calls for half-and-half. I had a few tablespoons of heavy cream I needed to use, so I threw that in plus some fat free milk until it was desired consistency. One review suggested using chicken broth instead of water it calls for. I didn't expect this sauce to be as great, but it really exceeded my expectations. I will definitely be making this sauce more often.


Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce




2 lb. butternut squash
2-3 garlic cloves, skin left on
1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half, or milk
1 cup water or chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried sage or parsley
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese
Pasta

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds; save for roasting later. If you are having trouble cutting the squash, boil in water for about 10 minutes or until soft enough to cut. Place garlic cloves around squash. Bake for about 40 minutes.

2. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta.

3. Meanwhile, when cool enough to handle, remove skins from garlic cloves. Taking one half of squash, scoop out squash and place in a food processor or blender. You only need one half, so use the other half in another recipe. Chop garlic into big chunks and place in blender/processor. Puree for about a minute. Add cream/milk; puree some more. Add water/broth until desired consistency. You may need to add more or less. Add sage/parsley, salt, and pepper.

4. When pasta is done, pour sauce on top and toss. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

Makes 4 servings.

Source: Recipe Zaar

6 comments:

pinkstripes 6:57 PM  

I love butternut squash. This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Reeni 10:31 PM  

I'm not on facebook yet. I do have a myspace page that I have given no attention to. I just don't have the time to keep up with everything! You combined two of my favorite things here!! How yummy!

Megan 8:42 AM  

I love a pumpkin pasta sauce so I can imagine how good this was. Have a great weekend!

Sara 2:20 PM  

Oh that sauce sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us, I'll be trying that soon.

Michele 2:46 PM  

Wow! That looks delicious!

Sara 5:34 PM  

Not usually a fan of butternut squash but this looks like a good recipe to me. Simple recipes are always the best. I'm gonna try to add this to my regular list of pasta recipes.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP