Chocolate Covered Cherries? Not Exactly...

>> Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I love chocolate covered cherries. I could probably eat an entire box myself, so whenever I stumbled upon this recipe at school one day, I knew I had to make them for Christmas. I tweaked the recipe a bit because there wasn't enough liquid holding the dough together. I also cut it down to one dozen because we are dealing with enough cookies already. Some of the recipe reviewers suggested using the chocolate cherry kisses Hershey makes to bring the whole recipe together, but since we already had regular kisses in the house, that's what I used. Make sure you put enough chopped cherry in the dough because the bites without the cherries lack some of the cherry flavor.


Cherry Chocolate Blossoms




1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
1/4 tsp almond extract
2-3 drops red food coloring
2/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp maraschino cherries, chopped
12 chocolate kisses, unwrapped

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine powdered sugar, butter, juice, almond extract, and food coloring. Add flour and salt. Mix well. Stir in chopped cherries.

2. Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Immediately top each cookie with a kiss, pressing down firmly to flatten out cookies. Remove to cooling rack.

Makes 12 cookies.

Source: Recipe Zaar

8 comments:

Megan 10:12 AM  

So festive ooking and I bet delicious. These would also make great valentine cookies! Stumbled!

Patsyk 12:36 PM  

Those are such festive and cute little cookies! I bet they are yummy!

Stephanie Bourassa 1:08 PM  

I don't really like cherries, especially those fluo glow in the dark ones lol. But it looks good. I wonder if I could make them with something else like grapes or physalis or raspberry.

Reeni 9:07 PM  

They are so pretty! I love cherries and chocolate together, yummy!

ARLENE 8:44 AM  

They do look pretty! I agree they'd be a great Valentine cookie, too.

Jennifer 1:51 AM  

I think I'm having a cookie attack...of the chocolate cherry persuasion....these look fantastic!!!

The Cookbook Junkie 10:02 AM  

I'm all cookied out but those look great. I'll have to remember them for next Christmas.

Nancy/n.o.e 9:27 AM  

Those do look like a cherry-chocolate lover's dream!
Nancy

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP