A Nice, Fluffy Dessert

>> Sunday, November 30, 2008

I had leftover whipping cream from making pie, so I had to find a recipe that didn't leave me with extra egg whites. However, it did leave me with lots of chocolate mousse. One thing I don't like about this recipe is after you beat the cream, you beat the egg whites. You have to make sure to wash the beaters and make sure they are 100% dry. Otherwise, the eggs won't form soft peaks. I would say do the egg whites first, but then they would deflate by the time you finish the cream. Or at least that's my theory.

I think I need this to get me through this week. The week before finals is always killer for me because my professors love making projects due this week instead of during finals week. Why? Don't know. It's been like that all four years. And I have to clean out my freezer before winter break. I have salmon, swordfish, beef, ground beef, and chicken plus frozen vegetables and Hot Pockets. Not to mention leftovers from Thanksgiving. Usually, I'm low on food. This week I have too much to eat! haha


Chocolate Mousse




7 oz dark chocolate
5 Tbsp butter
4 eggs, separated
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp powdered sugar

1. Melt chocolate and butter together until smooth. Add one egg yolk at a time, beating until well combined. Set aside.

2. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.

3. Whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar; whip until mixture is thick and glossy (but still soft peaks).

4. Gently fold cream into chocolate mixture. Then fold in egg whites. Refrigerate at least three hours before serving.

Serves 6-8.

Source: Donna Hay's Modern Classics Book 2, 2003 p. 106

4 comments:

Reeni 3:31 PM  

Chocolate mousse, yum! Hope it helps get you through, you have a lot of good food left. Good sustenance for studying.

Steph 8:43 PM  

Yum.. chocolate mousse!!

I've been so stressed out this week. Like you said.. papers are due the week before exams! I keep getting this feeling that even if I don't sleep, I will never be able to finish my papers. These past two days, I've eaten more food than ever.. I just can't stop snacking and the holidays are coming up. Soon I won't be able to fit my clothes.

Adam 8:01 AM  

I forgot that finals are coming... oh man you must be excited! Congrats on almost being done, and try not to get too stressed out :)

Chocolate moose does sound good, maybe your professors could be interested for an A?

Megan 8:50 AM  

salmon, swordfish, beef, ground beef, and chicken, I thought you were a starving collage kid! :)
That chocolate moosey looks pretty tempting. And I have left over cream too! :) Maybe when things quite down, we can do the switch! ;)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP