My Favorite Cookies...Ever!!

>> Friday, November 21, 2008

Ok so I made these cookies back in October. I would have lied, but I think the Jack-o-Lantern mug gives it away haha

I remember growing up, the grocery store would have pumpkin raisin cookies with orange icing. These were my favorite, even more than chocolate chip cookies. They were always expensive, so when they were on reduced-sale for being a few days old, my dad would buy a couple dozen. They've stopped going on sale, so we stopped buying them. I tried making a similar recipe a few years ago, but it wasn't as good. This year, I was browsing Tastespotting (who I hate because they are way too picky), and I found a marvelous cookie picture from Dishing Up Delights. The ones I had growing up were Pumpkin Raisin Cookies, but I decided to use this recipe as a base and make one half chocolate chip, the other half raisin.



Left - chocolate chip. Right - raisin

I skipped the orange icing because one - they didn't need them and two - cut out extra calories and sugar. Every little bit counts, no? Also, don't forget the baking soda mixture! Normally, you would mix the baking soda in with the dry ingredients. However, it says to dissolve it in milk and set aside. I was halfway scooping the dough onto the cookie sheets when I saw the milk on the counter. Oops! I hurried up and stirred it in. Did it make a difference? No clue.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip (or Raisin) Cookies




1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 cup chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup chips, 1/2 cup raisins)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheets.

2. Dissolve baking soda in milk and set aside. In large bowl whisk together pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg.

3. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and then. Stir in the baking soda mixture. Now is the time to split the dough in half if using both chocolate chips and raisins. Stir in chocolate chips and/or raisins. Spoon onto cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until done.

Source: Dishing Up Delights

6 comments:

Steph 12:13 PM  

These must be amazing if they can beat CCCs! I would be so nervous about overmixing if I forgot to add the milk with the cookies halfway into scooping.. I glad it worked out for you! I forget to add vanilla all the time and occasionally salt b/c everything is usually scattered and unorganized when I bake. The worst was probably when I forgot to add sugar to my muffins.. those were super gross.

Maria 12:55 PM  

I love these too!! They are soooo good!

Esi 1:29 PM  

They look great and thank you for pointing out my typo. I fixed it :)

Reeni 7:17 PM  

They look moist and soft, yum. I have a cup of pumpkin leftover just sitting in my fridge...very tempting!

Adam 7:54 AM  

Yeah if these beat your beloved CCC, then I guess they are really something special :) Even though it's a countdown to T-giving, pumpkin desserts are still ruling the universe.

Megan 9:04 AM  

I hate when I turn around and find an ingredient that was suppose be used. Your not alone in that one my friend! These look great! Have a great weekend. It's almost time for the change! ;)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP