I Hate Pittsburgh Sometimes...

>> Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why is Pittsburgh so hard to navigate? This past weekend is the third time I got lost coming home. My dad told me when coming home, get on the Parkway. Parkway = 376, so I'm driving home, looking for the 376 sign. Nobody told me 376 turned into 279 on the way there, so technically I was looking for 279 which would later turn into 376. Ok so it was sorta outside the city. The second time I got lost, I was inside the city and couldn't figure out how to get back onto 376 because Pittsburgh does not post enough signs. And when I figured out I missed the turn, it took me about 10 minutes to make a U-turn because the city is not built like a grid. In other words, you can't go the next block down and turn around because you physically can't. Seriously, are other cities this complicated?

At least I was with my best friend, and she had Verizon Navigator. However, it does not work fast enough because we kept getting "Recalculating route...recalculating route...make the next legal U-turn." Thanks, Verizon, thanks. I somehow managed to get back home an entirely different way, all because I recognized Walgreens. That is the second time Walgreens saved me. The first time I got lost, I was coming home from my internship in Pittsburgh and took a detour because of construction on 376 (see a pattern here?). I was on the phone with my mom for directions because it was unexpected. She told me to go straight, but she failed to tell me there was a Y in the road and I should yield right then go straight. I somehow made it to an intersection with (a different) Walgreens and knew how to get home.

Moral of the story - pack these no-bake cookies because you will get lost coming home from Pittsburgh. You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! haha


No-Bake Cookies




2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa
5 1/3 Tbsp margarine
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups quick oats

Mix sugar, milk, cocoa, and margarine. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir in oats. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Freeze or refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.

Makes 3 dozen.

Source: Recipe Zaar

8 comments:

Steph 4:26 PM  

Carla, that happens to me all the time! I'm always on the phone with my dad when I get lost, even with the navigator.. but like you said, the recalculating thing doesn't always do it quick enough. Once, I was at the mall and ended up taking the wrong direction until I realized I drove to terminal 3, which takes you to the airport! It was so bad, I had to go to a hotel and ask for directions. At least you can get back home after recognizing Walgreens, I can't do that.. I have no sense of direction at all! Sometimes I get lucky and end up making the right turn (it is 50-50 after all..)

Wow, I can't believe these are no bake, considering the amount of milk! I've been wanting to make something with oats lately, preferably bars, but with my indecisiveness.. I don't know which to pick!

Reeni 8:16 PM  

I'm sorry you got lost! I'm glad you had some delicious cookies to hold you over. I love how easy they are to make.

Patsyk 9:19 PM  

those cookies look great! I love no-bake cookies.

NJ is equally hard to navigate with all the jug-handles and u-turns... it took me quite awhile to get used to it when I moved here 12 years ago.

Alwayzbakin 2:02 PM  

Poor Carla! I hate being lost!

Karen 4:46 PM  

I've driven in Los Angeles and San Diego, so I can relate :) Now that I'm up in the middle-of-nowhere Montana, it's difficult to get lost in a town with 5 traffic signals! LOL

Steph 7:59 PM  

People are shocked when I tell them I eat my cereal dry.. it's worse when I tell people I eat oatmeal dry. I think it has to do with the soggy cereal, but also the sweet milk. Sweet milk grosses me out a little, I have to stop breathing (the odd chance I do have cereal with milk) when I drink the leftover milk at the bottom so I can't taste the sugar.

I don't think I'll make the pie though.. too much for only one person. No one eats pumpkin at my house and thanksgiving was over for us already.

Palidor 7:26 PM  

Hey, those are pretty neat looking cookies. Easy to whip up when your sweet tooth cries for something late at night. :)

eatme_delicious 10:22 AM  

Mmm these look good. I've made a similar recipe but with no peanut butter and with coconut instead. I'll have to try this version!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP