Tuesdays With Dorie - Pumpkin Muffins

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008



I'm so glad I did this week's recipe when I was home for fall break a few weeks ago. I have been running around last week studying for my communication law midterm, writing comm. law essays, taping Homecoming events, and preparing for my presentation at a conference this past weekend. That's just the life of a student, no? So this week's recipe was Dorie's Pumpkin Muffins. Last week I mentioned buying fresh whole wheat flour. I decided to sub half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat. You don't want to sub all of the flour because the muffins would become too dense unless you adjusted the liquid ingredients as well. I thought they turned out ok. I didn't top them with sunflower seeds because I didn't have any, so I just threw raisins in the batter.

Pumpkin Muffins




Thanks Kelly from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp for picking this week's recipe! They make a great breakfast snack. You can find the recipe on page 13 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Kelly's blog.

8 comments:

Adam 12:53 PM  

I'm totally digging your pumpkin muffins :) They are perfect for this time of year, and I think the raisins add a nice touch.

Thanks for helping me up to 50 comments. I think you'll get there soon, just keep on rocking :)

Where's you Banana Bread recipe, I'm curious?

kimberly salem 2:43 PM  

that is a nice looking muffin! glad you enjoyed the recipe :)

Reeni 5:08 PM  

I love pumpkin, they look like a tasty treat to have with a cup of tea or coffee! YUM!!

Nancy/n.o.e 7:04 PM  

mmm, pumpkin, whole wheat, muffins - perfect for breakfast! Good luck on all your work.
Nancy

Engineer Baker 11:42 PM  

What a cute halloween mug! Lucky you to use fresh whole wheat flour in these - it makes them basically a superfood, right? Totally healthy :)

Megan 8:27 AM  

I so want to try these. I love pumpkin bread shese are right up my alley!!!

Steph 5:52 PM  

Hey Carla!! I've been so busy too, but at least you were smart enough to make these ahead of time. I actually made mine ahead of time too, but I didn't get a change to upload the pics on flickr until wed. Great job!!

Bungalow Barbara 2:32 PM  

Good job, they look yummy!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP