Tuesdays With Dorie - Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters

>> Tuesday, September 02, 2008



Since I went home for the mini holiday break, I took advantage and baked the next two Tuesdays With Dorie challenges. This week's recipe was Dorie's Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters. I was pretty excited because this is one of the first recipes that caught my eye when I first got the book. I cut the recipe in half because I was baking cookies all weekend. Then I froze half of those to snack on throughout the semester. A lot of the bakers (including myself) complained that there isn't enough peanut butter flavor. In fact, I tasted the cinnamon before the peanut butter. I love peanut butter cookies, so next time I'd increase the PB and cut back on the cinnamon. Some even used peanut butter chips. I found that mine spread a lot (because of the margarine, perhaps?), so I only baked 9 per tray.

They remind me of oatmeal raisin cookies but with peanut butter and chocolate chips instead of raisins.


Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters




Thanks goes out to Stefany from Proceed with Caution for choosing this week's recipe. You can find the recipe on p. 73 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or online on Stefany's blog.

15 comments:

Steph 2:10 PM  

Those cookies look amazing! I hope when I get back to school I'll still have time to bake. I think there is definitely enough pb in this recipe, but was overpowered by the cinnamon.

Alwayzbakin 2:17 PM  

Great looking cookies! I loved these cookies. The kids liked them, too. That sounds like a good idea to put extra peanut butter, though. Yummy! Hey, Carla, where do you go to school at?

CB 3:38 PM  

I agree. Definitely will up the pb factor if I bake these again. Cute little cow mug in the picture! Mooooo....
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Rebecca 3:38 PM  

Wow, these look great! Wish we'd saved some for snacking ...

Erin,  10:00 PM  

These cookies look great! The cow mug is cute :)

The DeL Family 10:08 PM  

We could really taste the spices as well! Yours look great!

Nancy/n.o.e 10:39 PM  

How great that you have snacks all set for your semester. Very convenient to have these cookie challenges! Yours look delicious.
Nancy

Megan 12:16 AM  

Yeah, these weren't my favorite. But I agree with your assessment - oatmeal raisin with peanut butter.

SiHaN 5:43 AM  

i agree with you about the pitiful presence of peanut butter in the recipe. was hoping for more it too. But oh well.. Great job with the cookies though. They look awesome!!!

Reeni 10:12 AM  

Those look thick and chunky and delicious! Freezing them was a great idea!

Laura Paterson 11:52 AM  

Those cookies look like I could just reach into my monitor and take one...

... I wish I could!

Stephanie Bourassa 9:11 PM  

By the way I just wanted to say, your pictures keep getting better. They could be in magazines and stuff. I see all the details you put into it. You have a professional look. :)

Pamela 1:39 PM  

It's always great to stick the extra cookies in the freezer. You never know when you might need them. Now if only I could stop myself from eating them frozen!

Prudy 10:20 AM  

Oh, yours are lovely with crispy edges. Yum!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP