Weekend Cookbook Challenge 27

>> Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Well, I'm a tad bit upset because I accidentally spilled water on my laptop, and now the keyboard isn't working properly. I was told it needs to dry for 24 hours, so hopefully that's all it needs. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I'm going to afford the repairs (assuming it's going to be a few hundred dollars). Wish me luck.

I'm going to be in Savannah, Georgia for this weekend, so hopefully it'll get my mind off of my laptop. I'm leaving tonight and won't be back until Sunday.

In the meantime, I'm hosting Weekend Cookbook Challenge #27 for April. I decided to go with Vintage Cookbooks as the theme. That means you pick a cookbook dated before 1980 (that means 1979 and earlier), pick any recipe, make it, blog about it, and send me your entry. It's that easy!

If you don't have any old cookbooks, you can make Apple Harvest Squares or Sweet Applets from Megan's Cookin. If you find a recipe on the internet that dates before 1980, that works too.

To enter the challenge, please email the following to mooseymoosecc[at]hotmail[dot]com:

-Your Name
-Your Blog's Name
-Entry Link
-Picture

I'll reply to each entry, so if you don't get an email after a week or two, please send it again or leave a comment on my blog.

Deadline is Saturday, April 26.

5 comments:

Anj 6:24 PM  

My best friend and I are looking into going to Savannah in April. I've never been there, hope you have a great time.

eatme_delicious 1:59 AM  

Ohh cool idea. I have some really old cookbooks. I should see what I can find! Have fun in Georgia. And as for the comment you made on my site, yea I've seen maple syrup in a few soup recipes. I think it fits in better than chocolate though! And yes you should participate in the soup event. :)

Megan 11:56 AM  

Time to dust of the old cookbooks. I'm excited your hosting and you can count me in!!!

Carla 5:09 PM  

This is exciting-glad to see you're hosting it. And the deadline gives me plenty of time to fish around and decide on something. How very weird that 1979 is now considered "vintage".

OhioMom 10:02 AM  

I have my entry in the oven right now. This will be my first time entering the Weekend Cookbook Challenge :)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP