Cherry Cupcakes

>> Monday, February 18, 2008

I bought Valentine's Day cupcake liners, so I had a good excuse to bake cupcakes this weekend while I was home. There was a jar of maraschino juice leftover from last month, so I had to do something with it. After searching Recipe Zaar, I found a cherry cupcake recipe. I'm glad somebody reviewed it because both the batter and frosting needed more liquid. Although you could taste the cherry, I think I might add 1/4 cup chopped marachino cherries next time to enhance it. Make sure you beat the frosting for at least 3 minutes because as you can see in my picture, if you don't, it will be a little chunky. Since I didn't have any cherries, I used candy hearts for decoration. The recipe posted below has the liquid adjusted. If anybody makes these with the chopped cherries in the batter, please let me know how they turned out.


Cherry Cupcakes




1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp cherry juice
6 drops red food coloring
12 maraschino cherries

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Fill lined cupcake pan 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.

2. Combine all frosting ingredients. Beat until smooth, 3-5 minutes. Top cupcakes with frosting. Top each with a cherry.

Makes 12 cupcakes

Source: Recipe Zaar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP