Happy New Year!!

>> Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Wishing everyone around the foodie world a happy 2008. I encourage all of you to set five food/drink challenges to complete this year. Mine are:

1. Make espresso-based drinks as good as the coffee houses - I want to be able to make lattes without spending $3 each time and without leaving my house.

2. Make Baked Alaska - I have made one before, but that was...3 years ago?

3. Eat something new - Let's see, in 2007 I've eaten kangaroo, springbok, and goat.

4. Bake a pie from scratch - That includes the dough crust.

5. Bake biscotti - I may be Italian, but I've never made biscotti.

A big thank you goes out to Marye of Kettle and Cup because I won her big giveaway. Not only do I get some of her custom-made coffee, I also get a few of her favorite things.

Also, I'm going to be a bridesmaid in January 2009, and I agreed to bake cookies for the wedding to cut down on catering costs. I'll find out for sure later how many people will be attending, but I'm thinking 80-100 people. I have one year to gather my cookie recipes. Preferably ones without nuts because I don't know who has food allergies. I'm thinking one tray of basic cookies such as chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, snickerdoodles, etc. and one tray of fancy cookies. If I need a third tray, then maybe I'll do a nut tray so I can include peanut butter. What do you think I should make for the wedding?

And I love Michael Symon as the new Iron Chef, but damn he laughs too much. I'd love to meet him. And everyone else on Food Network, even the runner-ups in The Next Iron Chef and The Next Food Network Star.

3 comments:

Megan 3:23 PM  

You should try those chocolate truffle cookies that i tried this christmas. They were really good!!!

Anj 8:05 PM  

Congratulations on winning the giveaway. That is so neat. I made biscotti last year for the first time and it was easier than I thought it would be. I made lemon hearts for a wedding shower once. It's a lemon dough that is cut out with heart cookie cutter and then a small heart cut out of the middle and then baked. There is a glaze for the cookies too.

javagirlkt's cookin' 8:02 PM  

Biscotti! They're so easy and fun to make. I have spent the last few months trying to come up with the perfect recipe. There's a good one on my blog for chocolate peanut butter biscotti, it's a Giada Di Laurentiis recipe that I tweaked. Check it out!!

p.s. her recipe called for anise, but i substitute almond extract!!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP