Happy New Year!!

>> Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Wishing everyone around the foodie world a happy 2008. I encourage all of you to set five food/drink challenges to complete this year. Mine are:

1. Make espresso-based drinks as good as the coffee houses - I want to be able to make lattes without spending $3 each time and without leaving my house.

2. Make Baked Alaska - I have made one before, but that was...3 years ago?

3. Eat something new - Let's see, in 2007 I've eaten kangaroo, springbok, and goat.

4. Bake a pie from scratch - That includes the dough crust.

5. Bake biscotti - I may be Italian, but I've never made biscotti.

A big thank you goes out to Marye of Kettle and Cup because I won her big giveaway. Not only do I get some of her custom-made coffee, I also get a few of her favorite things.

Also, I'm going to be a bridesmaid in January 2009, and I agreed to bake cookies for the wedding to cut down on catering costs. I'll find out for sure later how many people will be attending, but I'm thinking 80-100 people. I have one year to gather my cookie recipes. Preferably ones without nuts because I don't know who has food allergies. I'm thinking one tray of basic cookies such as chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, snickerdoodles, etc. and one tray of fancy cookies. If I need a third tray, then maybe I'll do a nut tray so I can include peanut butter. What do you think I should make for the wedding?

And I love Michael Symon as the new Iron Chef, but damn he laughs too much. I'd love to meet him. And everyone else on Food Network, even the runner-ups in The Next Iron Chef and The Next Food Network Star.

4 comments:

eatme_delicious 1:48 AM  

Hey I just came across this gingerbread pancake recipe and thought you might like to see it! And happy new year! As for cookies, your cookie choices sound great. You could decorate the sugar cookies. For fancier cookies, maybe rugelach or some nice bar cookies (key lime bar? pecan bar?)

Megan 3:23 PM  

You should try those chocolate truffle cookies that i tried this christmas. They were really good!!!

Anj 8:05 PM  

Congratulations on winning the giveaway. That is so neat. I made biscotti last year for the first time and it was easier than I thought it would be. I made lemon hearts for a wedding shower once. It's a lemon dough that is cut out with heart cookie cutter and then a small heart cut out of the middle and then baked. There is a glaze for the cookies too.

javagirlkt's cookin' 8:02 PM  

Biscotti! They're so easy and fun to make. I have spent the last few months trying to come up with the perfect recipe. There's a good one on my blog for chocolate peanut butter biscotti, it's a Giada Di Laurentiis recipe that I tweaked. Check it out!!

p.s. her recipe called for anise, but i substitute almond extract!!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP