The Next Browniebabe

>> Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've been waiting for Myriam to start another round of Browniebabe of the Month. For my entry, I decided to bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. Very successful but very rich. I had 2 brownies, and now I feel sick. Maybe next time I wouldn't use a stick of butter in the cookie dough. I like this recipe because there's no egg in the cookie dough so it's perfectly safe to eat. It overpowered the brownie, so although you get the texture of the brownie, you can't really taste it. Next time, I'm going to try baking the cookie dough on top for a few minutes. I think it might not be as rich than just chilling it on top in the fridge.

Now I know what you're thinking. If I had changes to make, why am I entering this into the round up? I don't expect to win. I enter challenges to try new recipes and to share recipes I find successful or recipes I tried and suggest ways to improve them. I would make these brownies again but with the changes listed above.

I got this recipe from Cookie Madness but I changed the ingredients a good bit.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies



Brownie
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour

Cookie Dough
1 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablepsoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 8x8 inch pan with parchment.

2. Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a bowl. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Stir in baking powder. Stir in the eggs, one by one, then add vanilla and flour. Pour in pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are set. Let cool for 30 minutes.

3. Beat together butter, both sugars, milk and vanilla. Add flour and chocolate chips and stir. Spread this mixture over cooled brownies and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm.

Source: Cookie Madness



*Wink*


4 comments:

Anonymous,  5:10 PM  

I have a cat who looks just like him and she likes laying on my books too. Theyre so similar looking I had to do a double take!

-angela aka bookishvirgo on LJ

. . .,  7:39 PM  

chocolate chip cookie dough ANYTHING is wonderful. and your brownies look like no exception!

Rebecca Bourke 5:26 AM  

O.M.G, cookie dough on brownies sounds like heaven!

Julie 5:42 PM  

Those look super sweet and delicious.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP