Why I Could Never Be A Professional Chef

>> Friday, June 29, 2007

I was watching "The Next Food Network Star" last night. I realized even if I auditioned to be on the show, I would never be good enough. First, I'm only a beginner's chef and still need recipes to make meals. Two, I love cooking for myself and hate accommodating for other people's tastes. Third, if I don't like a dish, I don't want to make it. Fourth, I don't like being rushed. The six remaining contestants had to do two tasks for an army camp. First task was to spice up those on-the-go meal packets for when they can't eat back at the mess hall. I think they had less than an hour to do it. I know I would feel too rushed. I don't even know what I would've done. The one guy made it into a stew, which is something I could do. He's really good with spices; I'm not.

The second task they had to do was make either a meatloaf, pot pie, or lasagna meal in two hours. I hate meatloaf, I hate the crust edges of pot pie, and I loathe ricotta cheese. See a problem with this list? lol The two guys who made the pot pie used deep-fried potatoes on top instead of a crust, so I would definitely eat that. Meatloaf is meatloaf. I also have trouble touching red meat. I want to make homemade hamburgers, but that involves direct touching. I'm hoping this summer I can get over that. It doesn't help that nobody in my family makes homemade burgers. We usually buy frozen patties.

How many of you would want your own cooking show? What would you name it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP