On a Lemon Kick

>> Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I never made muffins before, so when I added the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, I freaked out when the batter became dough-like instead of runny. I guess I was expecting runny, like cake and cupcake batter. I should've known better. I used two recipes for these muffins. Since one required more butter than the other, I added more butter in a panic. Whether it helped, I don't know. I do know that it could've used more lemon juice because the lemon flavor wasn't strong enough. I used only 1/2 lemon, but I would suggest using a whole lemon.


Lemon Muffins




2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
2 eggs
8 oz sour cream

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins or line with paper cups.

2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend well.

3. Melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, zest, eggs, and sour cream. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture and blend until moistened. Do not overstir. Spoon in muffin tin. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Source: Inspired by Razzle Dazzle Recipes and Recipezaar



"I can't reach!"


2 comments:

Emer 2:29 PM  

From that angle it looks like Murray is asleep

Ida 10:23 AM  

You freaked out? XD And btw, FINALLY something I have made before you. ;)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP