Peanut Butter Nutella Crinkles

>> Monday, December 05, 2011




Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can finally focus on Christmas. I don’t like to see or hear anything Christmasy until Black Friday. I was sad I couldn’t bake to celebrate December 1 because I was stuck in Ohio for work until Friday night. On Saturday, I sat down with my million cookie books and couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Then I remembered – the night before my trip, I got the latest Cooking Club magazine and saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Nutella Crinkles.


I had both spreads in the pantry, so I knew what I was making :D Turns out I ate more Nutella than I thought, so I didn’t get the full 3/4 cup. Maybe 1/2 cup plus a tablespoon or two.



These cookies do need to freeze for 20 minutes before baking. BTW, who designs a freezer that is not deep enough for a cookie tray?? I had to play building blocks with Hot Pockets and meatballs for 10 minutes because the shelves on the door were in the way. When that failed, I took the one shelf off (which took another 5 minutes just to put back on). Obviously the designer was not a baker.



The texture is soft and moist in the middle. When I took them out of the oven, they felt too soft, so I put them back in. They do come together after cooling. The recipe says 3 1/2 dozen, but because I used my 2-inch cookie scoop, I got 2 dozen.

Peanut Butter Nutella Crinkles



1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In another bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, Nutella, and peanut butter for 2 minutes or until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla 30 seconds. Beat in dry ingredients 30 seconds.

Place 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 2 inch balls; roll in sugar. Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet; slightly flatten. Preheat the oven to 350F. Freeze the cookie sheets 20 minutes.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan for 2 minutes then place cookies on wire rack; cool completely.

Makes 2 dozen cookies
Source: Cooking Club Winter 2012 page 7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP