Baby Cones

>> Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wow, so it's been about two months since I last posted. Here I am, almost at month five in my new town. Some mornings I wake up, finally happy with moving in the right direction. Other mornings I wake up, wondering what the hell am I doing here. "The only way we get there is one step at a time."




Did you know they now make baby ice cream cones? I didn't know that until the one guy at work brought in these baby ice cream cone cupcakes his wife made. After about five of us asking him where his wife got the cones, he called her and told us only one chain carried them. Although that chain isn't nearby here, it is very popular back towards Pittsburgh.



If I had a bakery, these would be on the menu, along with matching holiday sprinkles. I decided to bake a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. You take any cake recipe, fill each cone 2/3 of the way, bake in a mini muffin tin for 15-20 min at 350F, and let cool before frosting. I bet you could do a brownie mix instead of cake (although I wonder if it would rise enough?)


Aw it melted

One problem I had with them was after storing them in an airtight container, the cones got really soft. They weren't that soft before storing them, so...eat them all before storing? haha

2 comments:

Chef Basket 1:57 PM  

Thanks for your baby cones post. They look wonderful!

sour sweets 11:30 AM  

These are beautiful and so cute! I love this cupcake, it has a lot of great and really interesting recipes. You did a wonderful job.. thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP