Tuesdays With Dorie - Chocolate Chip Cookies

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2010



This week's chosen recipe was Dorie's Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is my second time making them. The first time they spread too thin because I used diet margarine. This time around, I decided to use my brand new heart cookie pan. I was really hoping to get the cookie texture you find in cookie cakes from the Great American Cookie Place at the mall or even your grocery's bakery, but this cookie cake was more...cakier? It was still a good recipe, just not my type of cookie. I like my CCC more chewy and not so soft.



I didn't bother decorating it because it wasn't the texture I was looking for and I was too lazy. If anybody has a recipe for a cookie cake just like the one from mall, let me know. I tried a second recipe last night, but still turned out too soft compared to the mall one.



Thanks goes out to Kait of Kait's Plate for hosting this week's recipe! You can check out the recipe on page 68 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Kait's blog.

5 comments:

Flourchild 4:34 PM  

That is one delicious heart shaped cookie!

Mary 7:15 PM  

That looks delicious and it's much thicker than mine turned out. I've never had a giant cookie cake, so can't help you there, sorry!

Katrina 11:31 PM  

Nestle's Toll House original recipe is really good for the big cookie pan.

Susan 6:53 PM  

Love the heart-shaped cookie! I have baked the Toll House recipe on a sheet cake and it was pretty good.

TeaLady 11:14 PM  

It looks wonderful. A little chewy in the middle sounds good to me.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP