Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

>> Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving. Mine could've been better - my dad is sick, my mom is incompetent in the kitchen, and the chicken is taking longer than expected. Oh and I have to be at work 4:30 tomorrow morning for you early birds, so you all better be nice and drop the attitude. It's not our fault if we are sold out of your stupid zhu zhu pets. And please don't trash the store either because the closing crew usually stays an hour after closing just to clean up after you. Trust me, they don't pay us THAT much.

Moving on, I made this cheesecake last week since my dad insisted on making pies for Thanksgiving dinner. In case you haven't heard, Libby's is having a pumpkin shortage. Once all the cans are gone on the shelves, that's it. No more pumpkin until next year. Good thing we have three large cans in the cupboard. Plan ahead when making this cheesecake because like most cheesecakes, this needs a long chilling time.

I cut this recipe in half because I have three small heart pans. Regular springform pan is on my wish list. That is partly why the piece in my picture is so small. That and it was almost gone.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake



Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (either in food processor or crushed by rolling pin)
4 Tbsp powdered sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla or maple extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. For crust: Mix together crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press evenly over bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill until needed.

2. Preheat oven to 350F. Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs and extract. Add pumpkin and spices, and continue mixing until combined. Any lumps in the batter will not disappear during baking. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour filling into chilled crust.

3. Bake 30-40 minutes. No covering or water bath needed. The center should feel somewhat firm to the touch. Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature. Then cover and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Makes one 9-inch cheesecake

Source: Bake Space

4 comments:

Katrina 10:46 PM  

Sounds great! I love pumpkin, cheesecake and chocolate and I love those pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, so I know this was probably really good!
Sorry you have to work so early. I'm not one that gets up early to shop on Black Friday, but thanks for being one of those workers and sorry about the idiots. ;)

Stephanie Bourassa 8:42 PM  

Well you are mixing 2 of my favorite things (cheesecake and chocolate chips) with something I've wanted to try for a very long time!

Thanksgiving was a long time ago for me so I don't remember if that day was special or not ;)

Steph 9:29 PM  

I've never been shopping in the states during black friday, surprisingly since we seem to love to shop!! I can't imagine the madness.

I've wanted to make pumpkin cheesecake for the longest time, but I'm worried that no one will eat it. I know I would, but so much cream cheese! I'm getting fat and it's not even christmas yet.

Megan 9:10 AM  

What Your out of Zhu zhu pets? (gasp)LOL.
I use to be one of those sick people who would get out early but never ar 4. I think stores only opened at 6 when I did it. But now the kiddy is a teen and I dont need to knock people over to get to the Zhu zhu. Sorry if you had to put op with such rude people.
Cheesecake looks and sounds wonderful. I remember when you bought those heart springform pans!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP