Tuesdays With Dorie - French Yogurt Cake with Lemon Curd

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2009



Man, it's been awhile since I completed a TwD challenge. My bad. This week's recipe was the French Yogurt Cake. The recipe originally calls for lemon marmalade. I was going to make the marmalade from scratch, but I decided to make it easier and go with a lemon curd. Lemon curd thickens as it cools, and since I used warm lemon curd, it was more of a sauce. This cake is interesting because instead of butter, it used oil. You have to make sure the oil is fully folded in or it won't be pretty.



The yogurt definitely made this cake moist. It reminded me of a lemon pound cake, which is not surprising because Dorie said it was a cross between a pound and sponge cake. I wonder if I could change the flavors by using flavored yogurt instead of plain. I don't see why not.



Thanks to Liliana of My Cookbook Addiction for choosing this wonderful cake! My mom loved it so much, and she usually doesn't eat much of what I make. You can find the recipe on pages 224-225 in Dorie's Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Liliana's blog.

12 comments:

Steph 8:03 AM  

Carla, I love the crumb on your cake!! It's so uncoarse compared to mine and looks really fluffy. I wish mine came out like that. Did you use any almond flour or only all purpose?

chocolatechic 10:45 AM  

The texture of your cake is wonderful.

Much better than mine.

Carla 1:14 PM  

I used all flour because I didn't have any almonds to grind. I completely forgot about that adjustment whenever I blogged lol

Teanna 4:36 PM  

I love those thick slices of cake! It makes me want it all over again!

Kimberly Johnson 4:59 PM  

Your cake looks wonderful! Beautiful crumb.

TeaLady 6:52 PM  

Great crumb. Looks like a pound cake. I thought of using Lemon yogurt to enhance the flavor, but was all out. Next time. Beautiful cake!

Reeni 8:09 PM  

It looks soft and tender and lovely! Yum!

Katrina 9:59 PM  

Looks de-lish! Great job. I did all flour, too, and the cake had a great texture!

Nancy/n.o.e 10:36 PM  

I think mine edged more to the sponge side and yours much more to the pound side! I'll bet that flavored yogurts would be good, but subtle. The lemon curd sounds like a great idea - mmmm.
Nancy

SiHaN 11:06 PM  

yesh! you could use flavored yogurt! imagine french strawberry yogurt cake with strawberry jam and cream! glorius..

Annette 3:22 PM  

Yum - lemon curd! I love lemons - so the more the better. I'm going to try it with lemon curd next time! Nice job!

Engineer Baker 4:41 PM  

Whoa, that warm lemon curd idea sounds absolutely fantastic. Gorgeous job!

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP