Tuesdays With Dorie - Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies

>> Tuesday, December 09, 2008



So this week's TwD was Dorie's Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies. This recipe is perfect for the holidays because who doesn't love using cute Christmas cookie cutters (try saying that fast!)? I used butter again because I had some to use. I can't believe some of you only use butter to bake! I would except margarine is much cheaper.


As my dad said, they're naked!!

Did it make a difference? They tasted like the sugar cookies I usually make with margarine. I found nothing special about Dorie's version, but next time I may play around with different flavorings, such as lemon zest.


Moose!! The only one without broken legs/feet/antlers


And it's probably obvious, but I am not a decorator haha I did have some help from my best friend.








I cannot figure out what shape the non-sprinkled one is...


Thanks to Ulrike of Kuchenlatein for picking a nice holiday cookie. You can find the recipe in Baking: From My Home To Yours on page 146-147 or on Ulrike's blog.

9 comments:

Em 10:51 AM  

I can totally relate as I cannot decorate sugar cookies either! LOL

kimberly salem 2:53 PM  

they look yummy :) i can't decorate either, lol... i stuck to colored sugars! the moose is so cute.

Reeni 8:36 PM  

I love your chocolate moosey!!! It doesn't matter to your tummy how their decorated!

Megan 11:19 PM  

Your cookies are too cute. It looks like you and your friend had alot of fun! :)
So, you saw I messed up my columns? Oops. :) Maybe we can do the banner after the hoiday if thats ok.

Steph 7:50 AM  

now you're making me all excited to try baking with margarine. I was going to do this cookie comparison thing, but if margarine is being added... that is going to make things a lot more complicated! .. too many variables! I think the decoration is cute, plus if you're don't like them so much chocolate makes all the difference.

I'm not a sugar cookie fan but, except I love those pillsbury freeze and bake ones.. the easter and christmas ones! They have this chewiness to them I've never been able to achieve with homemade, maybe the chemicals? Who knows.

I think the mystery cookie is a teddy graham if you tilt your head to the left, the arms are sticking out and the two bumps on the top look like ears. Or i could be crazy.. haha

Jodie 10:16 AM  

Fun cookies!

Teanna 10:34 AM  

Oh man, I had a tough time decorating mine as well! LOVE the chocolate idea!

Flourchild 3:38 PM  

Im glad you decorated those naked cookies...Im glad you enjoyed them!

TeaLady 11:29 PM  

cute moose. It's the taste that counts.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP