More Meat, Less Pasta

>> Sunday, November 23, 2008

As a college student, I'm trying to make dinners that do not involve pasta or rice. Sure, there's nothing wrong with pasta or rice, but when you tend to eat it five times a week, it can be an unhealthy habit. This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Strips I have been making for quite some time. There are no measurements for it. You just see how much chicken you have and estimate how much hot sauce and breadcrumbs to put into each bowl. If you are not a fan of hot sauce, you can use ranch or bbq sauce. You can put spices into the breadcrumbs.


Buffalo Chicken Strips




Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Cut chicken into thin strips. Fill one bowl with hot sauce and another bowl with breadcrumbs. Dip each strip into the sauce, then the breadcrumbs. Place onto sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.

Source: Somewhere online?

4 comments:

Steph 12:47 PM  

I know what you mean.. I live off bread, cereal and rice! I find that meat is the only thing that keeps me full. I don't know if its the blogging or I'm just extremely bored with homework and projects, but it seems like I'm constantly thinking about food! Soemtimes I'm not even hungry yet I'm always eating. This is not good.. I should be doing exercise and staying away from desserts so to make room for the really good stuff during the holidays!

I should go and lose 5 pounds to compensate for the 5 pounds I'll end up gaining (wait.. I already gained 5 pounds since blogging!)

Reeni 1:46 PM  

I'm trying to lose five pounds by Thanksgiving so I won't feel like such a glutton eating! Your chicken tenders look crispy and delicious, and so easy to make.

Stephanie Bourassa 2:41 PM  

Wow, so simple! I never thought of it. But it sounds and look very good. It's an quick solution. I know I've seen something similar on rice crispies box. They use the cereals instead of breadcrumbs. It's still rice but it could be nice. I guess it's a good idea if you have kids they'd love it.

Adam 8:13 AM  

Hahah this post title called my name. I could actually kinda care less about pasta... I know.

I will admit I did the same thing when I was in school. The DH always had pasta and rice because it's cheap. If it wasn't for working out, I'd be a bazillion pounds :)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP