Warning - Round Desserts Attract Curious Cats

>> Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cats are intrigued by human food. They must sniff it, lick it, and play with it. Take the Cheerio, for example. My cat stares at it, sniffs it, and *thud* it's on the floor. My dad gave him a donut hole once as a joke, but before you could even take a step back, it was knocked onto the floor. Note to self - do not give Murray the powdered sugar kind because there was a nice trail of white on the floor.

I had a small pack of Oreos leftover from Christmas. When I was home in February, I decided I wanted to bake with them rather than eat them as a cookie. I was going to make cookies and cream cupcakes, but the pack only had six cookies. So I opted to do Oreo truffles. Very easy and only required three ingredients. However, the filling was just cream cheese and crushed cookies. Next time, I might try using pumpkin roll filling so it doesn't taste like I ate a big spoonful of cream cheese with some cookies thrown in.

We didn't let Murray play with these because chocolate is poisoness to pets, but I know he had his eye on them.


Oreo Truffles




6 Oreo cookies, crushed
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

1. Crush the cookies by putting into a plastic sandwich bag and hitting it with a heavy object, such as a can or a rolling pin.

2. If cream cheese is not at room temperature, soften in the microwave until it can easily be stirred. Toss in crushed cookies. Stir until well mixed.

3. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or foil. Roll cream cheese mixture into small balls. If you are having trouble, place the mixture into the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place balls on cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for about an hour.

4. When an hour is almost up, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Remove balls from the freezer. Roll them into chocolate until covered. Place back onto cookie sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove from freezer for a few minutes to soften slightly.

Makes 12 balls.

Source: Recipe Zaar

4 comments:

Megan 9:58 AM  

I would of never thought to make these with just 6 cookies. I need to start scaling down my recipes. 12 balls is plenty for my family.

Julie 2:35 PM  

These sound great and how easy, I'm going to make a batch.

javagirlkt's cookin' 9:45 PM  

This sounds really cool! I always like oreos baked in things or crushed over ice cream rather than plain.

Marye 10:47 PM  

I am so hungry.... :)

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP