A Love I Can't Handle

>> Friday, October 26, 2007

I love trying new foods. I've eaten some pretty unusual things for the thrill - sushi, calamari, kangaroo, springbok. Habanero peppers aren't unusual, but they are new to me. I went to a local farmer's market (In my college town? I was surprised too) and saw habanero peppers for 25 cents.




I figured, hey I love spicy foods so I'll buy one. Yea, about that. Spicy food is great. My mouth may be on fire, but I'll still eat it. Or at least I thought. While looking for a way to use my pepper, I came across Basil Habanero Pesto. I used my [extremely loud] blender and combined the pesto with some angel hair. I knew habanero peppers were hot, but damn! I never drink a plain glass of milk but was soon forced with this amount of heat. I could only eat 3/4 of my pasta. The combination of flavors were amazing, so if you can handle the heat, give this pesto a try.

My cookbook is still up for grabs. Any takers?

1 comments:

eatme_delicious 12:41 PM  

I definitely could not handle that pesto! Though I'm sure people who can handle spicy food would really love it.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP