Mmmm Peanut Butter

>> Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Recently, Rebecca from Heaven With Strawberries baked peanut butter cookies. She was looking for a not-so-sandy cookie, so I decided to share my recipe. I haven't made these in a few years, and it's been awhile since I had peanut butter anything. Normally, you put a chocolate kiss on top, but since I was selling these at my neighborhood yard sale (not a big success since "everyone's on a diet", btw), I didn't want the chocolate to melt everywhere. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup peanut butter. The taste isn't very strong, so next time I'm going to add 1 cup.


Peanut Butter Blossoms




1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking
36 Chocolate kisses (squares can work too, but the kisses give a better presentation)

1. Mix peanut butter, shortening, both sugars, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Stir in flour and soda. Chill dough at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 350F. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Using a fork, flatten each ball in one direction; then rotate fork and flatten in other direction. This should make a criss-cross pattern.

3. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine took about 13 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes; then place chocolate on each cookie. Let cool completely.

Source: High school cooking class

1 comments:

Rebecca Bourke 7:22 AM  

Now these look like peanut butter cookies :) I have to try then, have to! I don't think anyone on a diet could resist these.

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP