My First Cookie

>> Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Chocolate chip cookies were the first cookies I baked. Originally, I wasn't going to post this easy and common recipe, but I learned when I studied in Ireland that not everyone is familiar with this great cookie. When I baked these before work, I didn't realized I added 1/3 cup shortening instead of 1/2 cup until I was cleaning the cups! LOL! There was no taste difference, so I did something healthy :)


Chocolate Chip Cookies




1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix shortening, both sugars, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Add flour and soda. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes (mine took 13 minutes).

Source: 8th grade cooking class

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Connected

Email: chocolatemooseyblog[at]gmail[dot]com
Facebook: Chocolate Moosey Fan Page
Twitter: @chocolatemoosey
Pinterest: Chocolate Moosey's Boards
Foodbuzz: Chocolate Moosey's Profile

Copyright

© 2007 - 2012 Chocolate Moosey

All content belongs to Carla unless otherwise noted.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP